Tuesday 17 November 2015

Beware Microsoft is enabling Automatic updates on Windows 7 Machines without the users consent

I just want to inform everyone that Microsoft has enabled automatic updates in Windows 7. I explicitly disabled this feature on all of my personal computers after the initial Windows install. But today I noticed that my windows 7 machines were installing updates to windows 7 without my permission. My guess is that one of the updates from last month's windows update "patch Tuesday" release changed this setting for me without my knowledge. I have no idea what was installed and I am making this post to inform others about this issue so that others can prevent this from happening to them.

I usually manually install windows updates to avoid updates that I don't want like Windows 10 and a few other updates that phone home to microsoft.



by phatboye http://ift.tt/1MiLQBY

No comments:

Post a Comment