Saturday 28 November 2015

Laptops getting worse and worse each year.

So I wanted this to be a discussion about a particular viewpoint. I thought this for many years, and it seems to be confirmed more and more each year… Laptops seem to be suffering the hardest out of any technology these days. I don't really know what it is in particular, but they just aren't reliable by any means. The longest time I've ever been able to say that I owned a laptop was three years maximum, and this was a Sony VAIO. It wasn't expensive $1500 laptop, very well-maintained, not left out to the elements, not running overnight or running for days on end…. In the end of it's life it performed like trash, of course I bought it at Best Buy through geek squad so they couldn't do anything more than laugh and recommend a new laptop for me. Next up was Adele, which lasted me two years and had to be replaced twice, thank God I had a warranty. Then I had another Sony, same issues as before this one only lasted two years and I was tired of it so I passed it onto my brother. Now, I've had an MSi since 2012 which is supposed to be a legendary gaming laptop. It performed exceptionally in the first two years, and here we are in 2015. Maintained exceptionally, but the entire system randomly crashes or freezes up sometimes. I've reinstalled the operating system, it doesn't really do anything.

But I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks about this. Is there a general consensus about the quality of laptops decreasing? There seems to also be a very widely shared stigma against them in the gaming community, and I know this because I am a gamer. Everyone prefers to get a custom built gaming rig, I did so myself. But naysayers will indicate that laptops meant for gaming should be avoided like the plague. Not only are they ridiculously expensive, they see an insane amount of problems from overheating to hardware failure and even to being outdated within several months of their release.



by Seawoof http://ift.tt/1SpuQvw

No comments:

Post a Comment