Friday 28 April 2017

TIFU by riding a gyroscopic bike and almost requiring stitches

About 2 years ago (2yrs ago IFU) I was at a department store with lots of cool gadgets and things. Was halfway through the shopping trip with my dad and brothers and decided to ride the gyroscopic bikes, completely ignoring the DO NOT RIDE sign. Got on, rode for a while, and when I went to get off, I just took my feet off the pedals, oblivious to the fact that the pedals keep going fairly quick after you let them go. As I was getting off, the pedals, which have the 'spikes' for grip, sliced my shin and it hurt so badly that I collapsed on the ground. It started bleeding later, but not bad enough for stitches. Had to walk through the store with a steadily bleeding leg until we could patch it up at home later. Hurt even more because it pretty much scraped my shin bone. Still have a barely visible scar vertically up my shin that is about 2 inches long.

TL;DR: got on a bike that was off limits, ended up getting my shin cut a few millimeters deep with a metal bike pedal. Hurt a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment