Monday 19 December 2016

PSA: If you've ever experienced pain in your wrist / hand after a gaming session, DO NOT IGNORE IT.

Hey guys!

This is a topic I don't see much discussion nor coverage on, so I thought I'd shed some light on it. I myself have experienced wrist pain from gaming, ignored it and narrowly avoided a fate where the damage would become irreparable.

I've been a gamer since my childhood (started on qBasic games and Snake) and as such I've developed a stamina for long gaming sessions - or so I thought. Fast forward to adulthood and 50% of the day I'm working on PC, keyboard & mouse and 50% playing Overwatch or something, keyboard & mouse again.

It wasn't long before I started experiencing discomfort and pain in my right hand and wrist. I thought about just toughing it out, maybe resting the hand for a day. Well, I rested the hand as a true gamer would - by playing with my iPad, which didn't help at all (how surprising).

When the pain didn't get better and I started getting pain spikes + muscle spasms in the hand, I started researching the subject and realized that if I didn't immediately do something, I was very close to developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, which isn't very treatable when it fully develops.

What helped me was:

  • 1) Changing my hardware to ergonomic
  • 2) Starting with hand and wrist exercises here's a youtube link with some
  • 3) Keeping my right hand warm in a glove
  • 4) Improving posture and getting some supplements

If you're interested in the whole story, you can check the whole post I've written about it

Don't ignore the pain, it's dangerous!



by pepsodont http://ift.tt/2hAnFHY

No comments:

Post a Comment