Thursday 1 December 2016

PSA: For parents buying Xbox One's for your kids this Christmas, open it early and don't ruin the day!

Yesterday I received the Xbox One Halo bundle that I bought during black friday. Excited and anxious to play it, I hooked everything up, and.... 1.2GB system update. Alright... not the end of the world I'll come back soon and get to gaming. After the 1.2GB update we then have... Controller updates. So the controller updates take a few minutes and then I'm pretty sure I'm ready to go. Oh, forgot to sign up for xbox live, fair enough. So I put in my credit card info and get that all squared away. I'm finally ready to play Halo 5 and... 45GB UPDATE and 45GB TO INSTALL FROM THE DISK. The game takes up an insane 90GB.

Let's assume your internet connection downloads at a constant 3MB/s (megabytes):

  • System Update - 1.2GB (~6.7 minutes)
  • Controller Update - Unknown Size (~3 minutes)
  • Halo Update - 45GB (~4.15 hours)

All up this takes ~4.5 hours just updating on a 25mbps internet connection. My advice is to open the box for your kiddos early, do all the necessary updates, make sure the bundled game starts up after and update, get Live set up, and then rebox it and wrap it up. Enable your kids to play that system they've wanted so badly right away!



by TatorTot http://ift.tt/2gcPaDS

No comments:

Post a Comment