Saturday 24 December 2016

I'm becoming scared of Facebook.

Has anyone else noticed, in the last few months especially, a huge uptick in Facebook's ability to know everything about you?

Facebook is sending me reminders about people I've snapchatted but not spoken to on Facebook yet.

Facebook is advertising products to me based on conversations I've had in bars or over my microphone while using Curse at home. Things I've never mentioned or even searched for on my phone, Facebook knows about.

Every aspect of my life that I have kept disconnected from the internet and social media, Facebook knows about. I don't want to say that Facebook is recording our phone microphones at all time, but how else could they know about things that I have kept very personal and never even mentioned online?

Even for those things I do search online - Facebook knows. I can do a google search for a service using Chrome, open Facebook, and the advertisement for that service is there. It's like they are reading all input and output from my phone.

I guess I agreed to it by accepting their TOS, but isn't this a bit ridiculous? They shouldn't be profiling their users to the extent they are.

There's no way to keep anything private anymore. Facebook can "hear" conversations that it was never meant to. I don't want to delete it because I do use it fairly frequently to check in on people, but it's becoming less and less worth the threat to my privacy.



by BryAallDay http://ift.tt/2hUkwCW

No comments:

Post a Comment