Friday 19 August 2016

Star Wars Galaxies ruined me forever...

I played pre-CU Galaxies as a kid. It was a revelation. No levels, only skill trees. An economy fully based on the community. Nearly impossible "super-classes" (Jedi), so that when you actually saw one you were in awe. Player built and run cities. They gave every player the freedom to do his/her own thing. And the community was one where you HAD to be with other players. You couldn't solo. It made it WORTH being an MMO. And my favorite part is that you didn't have some NPC whispering that you were "the one" or the primary "hero." You were an individual in a world of individuals. Fighting... or not.

No game has had that stimulation since. Eve comes close, minus how boring it is to me. I want to play as a character on the ground.

I just wish something would come that is THAT player driven. With THAT amount of consequences and reward. I'm likely in the minority or they'd have already made something comparable. I just wanted to commiserate for a bit. :)



by Zachyb117 http://ift.tt/2b6ZE4P

No comments:

Post a Comment