Saturday 30 July 2016

PSN account compromised. $944 spent. Sony offers to refund the money to my PSN wallet (not credit card) and threatens me with ban for going through Discover.

I checked my discover card statement today to find that my balance was well over $1000 dollars. Apparently, someone had compromised by PSN account and spent $944 on the service. I called Discover, told them the charges were fraudulent, and asked them to freeze my account.

I then logged on to PSN and found that I couldn't log in and that my e-mail address wasn't being accepted for a password reset either. I contacted PSN via customer support chat and they told me that, while my account had been compromised, all they could do was refund the money to my PSN wallet (not the Discover card). When I asked what would happen if I went through Discover, they told me I would be banned for a chargeback.

I can provide proof if you guys are skeptical but, at this point, I'm just trying to figure out how I can resolve this without losing $900 and without getting my account banned for doing a chargeback.



by Lier_X_Agerate http://ift.tt/2axQyQK

No comments:

Post a Comment