Thursday 2 June 2016

I Complained to the FCC and it Worked

Where I live, there is only one internet provider and they do not offer an unlimited data plan. It's stupid and monopolistic and ridiculous. The highest data plan they do offer for home internet is 450 GB per month, which split between three college dudes, there's a lot of streaming that goes on. I complained to the company itself and got nowhere, they were sorry but they couldn't offer anything higher than the 450 plan. Since they weren't any help, I took 5 minutes to write a complaint to the FCC. All I wrote in the description (along with my information) was, "Data caps are unreasonable and unlawful." Within two days, I got an email from my service provider saying that they had received the complaint and could offer me unlimited data for just $10 more a month. Maybe the government doesn't suck alllll the time.

TL;DR My internet service provider only offered one plan with a low data cap. Wrote to the FCC about it and all of a sudden they could offer me an unlimited data plan.



by MyFO0T http://ift.tt/1t4K56G

No comments:

Post a Comment