Monday 1 February 2016

Very important (and hopefully final) update on the Fine Brothers React Trademark - From VideoGameAttorney

Hey guys,

Video Game Attorney (Ryan Morrison) here with an important update to the Fine Bros REACT trademarks. The Fine Brothers have sent me proof that they have abandoned or surrendered every trademark in question. They heard our collective voice, and they responded. There’s no reason to keep our foot on the gas.

Is what they did initially right? No, of course not. But I didn’t offer my services to destroy their company or see endless employees laid off, and I hope you didn’t join this fight for those reasons either. The internet gets hungry with vengeance, I know, but these are peoples’ lives. People who made a huge mistake, but a mistake they’ve corrected.

I hope you let people who enjoy the Fine Bros work continue to do so. I hope you don’t troll their comment section or lead brigades against their content. They don’t own the react genre, but it would be silly to say they aren’t one of the best at it.

So let’s give ourselves a round of applause, Internet. Things are as they should be. All is right in YouTube world. Now I’m off to help that Ant Simulator dev guy.

Chat soon, VGA

EDIT: To be clear, since a few have asked: This isn't some super secret proof you can't see. The USPTO's trademark search will update with the info in about four days. I've just seen the filing receipts so I can vouch for them they have done as said.



by VideoGameAttorney http://ift.tt/1WYWqCB

No comments:

Post a Comment