Wednesday 24 February 2016

I got banned from CoD on PC for using a flashbang.

Hi /r/gaming,

On February 19th I was playing MW3 on my new gaming PC when I joined a game of Domination on the map Dome. I was using the perk Recon, which allows you to see the direction enemies are facing on the map if they get hit by an explosive or bullet damage. I was using a strategy where I would throw a flashbang straight into the air, and due to the large blast radius, 3 or 4 enemies would be tagged on the map when it detonated. It was about halfway through the game when I was accused of wallhacking.

A player on the opposing team (lets call him George) was spewing obscenities and accusations saying that I could see through walls. I guess he wasn't wrong, but there was no use of third-party software that allowed me to do so. The next game, I do not see George anywhere on the playerlist, however I do see the Twitter username of a college page I co-run. I kill said player and recognize the callsign and emblem to be the same as George. The player hasn't said anything this far into the match. And then: http://ift.tt/1QF1mNH

So George has somehow managed to find my Twitter. He then changes his name to @(mypersonaltwitter), and starts posting all my info such as my city/college/real full name. I just brush it off and don't think much of it other than the fact that I obviously made someone mad at a video game and that he can't do much more. He quits the next game and I play a few more rounds before quitting out. When I close the game I see that I have an invite to a Steam group. The group picture is the picture I use for my twitter, it has been named after my Steam name at the time, and there are links to my personal and college twitter. Group members have also claimed to report me for hacking. Here's the group: http://ift.tt/1mYb1kD

I thought "So what, Steam reports do nothing". I didn't play for a couple days and when I tried playing MW2, it wouldn't load me into a game. I just thought maybe there wasn't enough people playing. Then I booted up MW3 and tried to get into a game. Unable to connect to host. Unable to connect to host. Unable to connect to host. I joined my friends lobby no problem, but when he tried to connect to a game I was kicked out but he connected fine.

So yeah. I had purchased this computer so I could actually run FPS games on high graphics, and right away 2 of them are now unplayable. Thanks George. I'm sorry I killed you.



by SockBasket http://ift.tt/1QF1kFy

No comments:

Post a Comment