Saturday 12 December 2015

My nightmare dealing with Newegg and their 3rd party sellers

On November 24th I saw this post on /r/Android about the Nexus 6 for $288.99. Sure enough they had some available so I purchased one right away. Here is my order email.

A few days later I noticed my package hadn't arrived so I went to check the tracking. To my surprise it had been delivered to some PO box and signed for by someone other than me. The huge tell is that it was delivered to a different zipcode than I reside in or where it was meant to be delivered.

That day, November 30th, I emailed customer service about my lost/stolen phone. Here is their response.

4 Days later later I get a request for more info, which I quickly reply to with the needed info.

For the next 9 days I email every so often to check in on the status. Here are their responses:
December 4th
December 4th
December 6th
December 8th
December 11th

And then finally today, December 12th, I wake up to this email, offering me a credit of $15 on my next purchase. No resolution, I've heard nothing from the 3rd party seller, Good Guys Electronics, I've been offered no help from Newegg.
I proceed to tweet about my experience, and their response is "Feel free to email us."

I've had the worst experience with Newegg, right before Christmas too. No explanations, no help, no replacements, no responsibility. I highly recommend using caution with purchasing through them using a 3rd party seller.

Full album



by EternallyXIII http://ift.tt/1TIa1Mj

No comments:

Post a Comment